Periodontics is the branch of dentistry dealing with dental inflammatory diseases destroying the gums and the supporting structures surrounding the teeth. The supporting structures around the teeth include the implants, bones and the soft tissues that lines the mouth and seals the teeth. Periodontal diseases are often silent, that is painless until they reach an advanced stage.
- Tender, red, swollen gums
- Losing of teeth
- Receding gums
- Persistent bad breath
- Sores in mouth
- Pus between teeth and gum
- Bleeding while flossing and brushing
- Gum Graft Surgery – used for treating receding gums, new tissues are taken from your gums to cover the exposed roots.
- Regenerative Procedures – these procedures are used for the regeneration of tissue and lost bones surrounding the teeth. The gum tissues are folded back and disease causing bacteria removed to reverse some of the bone and tissue damaging effect
- Dental implants – artificial tooth roots are implanted in the jaws to hold artificial tooth or bridges.
- Dental Crown Lengthening – this procedure is done to cure gummy smiles where gums cover teeth, making them less appear.
- Pocket Reduction Procedure – the space between gum and teeth deepen due to diseases. These pockets are filled using pocket reduction procedure.
Other major periodontics treatment procedures involve laser treatment, bone graft surgery and plastic surgery procedures.
Dr. Neethu’s Smile Care Dental Clinic based in Palakkad, Kerala, India offers advanced and ethical treatment in the field of medical and aesthetic dentistry. With a commitment towards quality service and high standards of dental treatment, the clinic has a team of internationally qualified consultants headed by Dr. Neethu Jyothish, Chief Dental Surgeon. They provide advanced treatment in periodontics, orthodontics, restorative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, dental implants and so on.
Visit Us : dentistpalakkad.com
Mail Us : firstname.lastname@example.org