Cosmetic Dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of teeth mouth and smile. The most common cosmetic dentistry procedures are the tooth whitening and porcelain veneers.
The following are some other procedures of cosmetic dentistry:
- Inlays and Onlays: Also known as indirect fillings made in dental labortory from composite resin material and attached to the teeth with adhesive dental cement. Thus restores the shape of the tooth and provide support to strengthen the tooth to avoid further deterioration. An inlay is placed onto the tooth surface whereas onlay is used to cover the tooth's entire surface.
- Composite Bonding: Commonly known as bonding is one of the least expensive cosmetic dentistry procedure that effectively covers the damaged tooth and gives the appearance of healthy tooth. In this procedure the dentist drills out the decayed portion of the tooth and applies composite on the tooth's surface and sculpts into right shape and cures with a high-intensity light. This procedure is apt for patients with chipped or cracked tooth, worn-down edges and decayed tooth.
- Dental Veneers: This cosmetic dentistry procedure is used to resolve cosmetic problems like gaps between the teeth, damaged or cracked enamel, crooked teeth. For this procedure dental veneers are custom-made for the patient in order to resemble natural tooth. During the procedure the dentist applies the veneer to each tooth using a dental adhesive.
- Teeth Whitening: In Cosmetic, dentistry teeth whitening is one of the basic procedure that can be performed to restore the natural appearance. For whitening the tooth the dentist applies, a whitening coat on the teeth or bleach the teeth to achieve a lighter shade than its original color.
- Implants: This procedure is used to replace a missing tooth. In this procedure the dentist inserts a tiny titanium screw into the jaw, which support the crown at the site of the missing tooth. The dentist will place the implant once the bone and supporting tissue fuses to the implant.
Dr. Neethu's Smile Care Dental Clinic is one of the best Dental clinic in Ottapalam. It is one of the Sunday working clinic in Palakkad headed by Dr Neethu Jyothish a leading lady Dentist in Palakkad. This Cosmetic Dental Centre in Kerala is a one stop destination for all Orthodontic and Periodontic needs.