Endodontic treatments, commonly known as root canal treatment, is a method followed in dentistry to deal with certain dental conditions that are connected with an injury or disease to the pulp. A root canal treatment is suggested in the cases like a cracked tooth or tooth decay.
It is a method of treatment wherein the dental root canal is cleaned to treat situations where the pulp appears to be infected or is injured. The treatment involves removing the contents in the pulp like the cellular entity, the blood vessels, the nervous tissue and the like. The pulp is then restored with a gutta percha filling and then at the top, a crown is placed.
Endodontic Treatments are Employed to:
- conditions which affect the pulp of the tooth. It can be infections to any of the contents in the pulp like the blood vessels, the nervous tissue, the cellular entity etc. The usual conditions where endodontic treatments are employed are
- root amputation
- dental trauma
- sensitive tooth
In cases of acute dental infections, the doctor may resort to root canal treatment to avoid the spreading of the infection and to relieve the patient off the acute pain.
The Treatment Include 4 steps
- a cavity is created to access the pulp of the tooth. It is essential to access the pulp with the tools.
- next step involves the removal of the infection from the pulp. If at all the shape of the tooth is lost due to the infection, it can be easily corrected using a dental handle.
- the removed pulp has to be restored to help the tooth stay strong. It is done by temporarily filling it with calcium hydroxide.
- a crown is placed as a protection in spite of the nerves and blood vessels being cut.
Dr. Neethu's Smile Care Clinic, Palakkad is a one stop destination for all the dental requirements of a person. Ranging from cosmetic dentistry to the conventional dentistry, Smile Care Clinic is one of the best places to visit.
Visit Us : www.dentistpalakkad.com
Mail Us : email@example.com